Friday, July 13, 2007

Skiing and Dreams

Mom and dad are coming down to Louisville tomorrow and we are meeting them at Taylorsville Lake. Should be a good time on the water. I enjoy wake boarding, skiing and knee boarding. Hopefully I will have the chance to get Emily on the tube. Should be interesting times.

--------------------------

The older I get the more I seem to dream. When I say dreams, I mean "A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration". I am not sure if God is the originator of the dreams or what, but I have dreams now. When I was younger I don't remember having many dreams. I guess when I was a young boy, I wanted to be a professional baseball player, but past that I honestly can't think of any.

A wise man once told me "When you have more memories than dreams, the end is near." That might not be exactly right, but you get the idea. I think dreams are good, but what is even more excellent is when they are pursued. So often our dreams stay dreams. We don't act on them - instead we become content with them staying in "dreamland." But I think I want to act on my dreams - even when they might seem ridiculous. I want to pursue the dreams that God has given me, and allow him to shape the future and outcomes. I have a hunch that when we stop dreaming, we stop living. I don't know if that is true or not, but could it be?

No comments: