Saturday, July 21, 2007

Softball Tourney

Well it is official - I am not 20 anymore. Walker and I played in a softball tourney today. Three games is all it took to wipe me out. I hit pretty well the first couple of games, but by the last one the heat and sun had done their damage. My tank was empty.

We played ok overall. The last game was the most interesting though. We played a pretty good team that acted like they were about 12. Mind you, these guys were my age and older, but I think softball was their sole reason to live. Humiliating people was the name of the game. I don't know - I just can't get there. I mean do these guys understand that they are playing "beer league" softball. They were pretty good, but come on. What causes you to act like that? I just can't understand. It was a good opportunity to "kill them with kindness." But we didn't even do a good job at that.

I must say, I was pretty excited that we got beat that last game. I am not sure what I would have done if we won.

Anyway, fun times and good exercise.

No comments: