Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 ways i have changed

was turned on to this blog by my good friend george. i spent some time tonight reading his posts and came across this one. i can relate to all 10 (except for maybe the bible is simpler. i would need more clarification to agree with him totally on that one), so i decided to share:

Ten Ways I’ve Changed

1. My circle of essential beliefs is smaller than before.

2. My loyalty to Jesus as presented in the Gospels is greater than before.

3. The Church is larger, more inclusive and less local than before.

4. The Bible is simpler than before.

5. My theology is more efficient. (That is, it more quickly moves to Jesus and the Gospel, avoiding more detours, side roads and cul de sacs.)

6. The Kingdom of God is more present and fundamental than before.

7. My vocation is more satisfying than before.

8. My spirituality is more “Jesus-shaped” than before.

9. My orthodoxy is far more generous than before.

10. The Gospel is more vital to every aspect of my life than before.

call it emerging, emergent, repainting, reevisioning or whatever else you want, but this is the journey i have been on for sometime now. just glad i still believe in grace!!! i am certain i will need it.

No comments: