Thursday, March 6, 2008

daddy, do you know what i learned in bible study

i am on the computer tonight watching some youtube videos, reading some blogs and answering emails and kylie climbs up in my lap and says:

"daddy, do you wanna hear what i learned in bible study?"

i immediately stop what i am doing and look at her (smiling ear to ear) and say:

"of course honey, what did you learn in bible study?"

she looks at me and says, with the most innocent eyes you could ever imagine:

"i learned about lazarus and the toon. i learned he was wrapped in bandages. i have him in the car, do you want to see?"

how do we capture these moments? how can i capture the joy in my heart?
god - thank you for the blessings. thank you for my kids.

2 comments:

johnthreethirty said...

great moment. savor them. It goes quickly, as I'm sure you're already realizing.

Anonymous said...

My little one carries "baby Jesus" in her purse to church every week. He's wrapped up in a black pipe-cleaner...and if we forget baby Jesus -- well, let's just say we do our best not to forget him. You can imagine when he fell under the seat in the car and daddy couldn't get him out...needless to say we ended up taking the seats out of the car to rescue him.

I got the notion to tell my kids a bible story during supper the other night -- so I started to tell them about Gideon. It took two nights...and they were enraptured. So, the next night we talked about Daniel.

...when you rise and when you lie down...when you walk along the road...as symbols on your foreheads...write them on your doorposts...amazing.