Wednesday, March 26, 2008

religiosity revealed

just so everyone knows, i had written a blog post in which i vented a lot of frustration i had after a class i sat in tonight, but it was deleted. what good would that do me? religion killed jesus and it almost took my life tonight (i mean literally, my heart almost stopped beating).

so where does that leave me? well, frustrated to be sure, but hopefully farther along in my path and quest to see jesus even in those that get under my skin.

i thank god for emily - she is my sounding board and bears the brunt of this frustration. see lovely listens and agrees with me, probably just to make me feel better. but nothing has changed. god is still revealed himself in jesus and i am still attempting to faithfully follow his example. i am trying not to find justification for "going off" in these situations because jesus confronted "religious" people. like i said earlier "i am from here to eternity from getting it right."

hopefully i am better from having sat in the class.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

send your vent to me brother. Like McLaren says, Jesus intentionally pushed the religious leaders and allowed them to take him to the cross to expose their sin. Let the "defenders of the truth" expose it. But, be soft and open to what the Spirit would have you share and receive.

johnthreethirty said...

sounds frustrating..you should consider worshiping with the folks at crossroadfamily.com instead. they follow christ, not religion.

kuligaken said...

throughout my life i have found a lot of people i could get disgusted with, and have had a few disagreements. venting through your blog can be good therapy, but so can talking to a concerned parent. the bible is quite clear that religious leaders of the day did not get it. why do we think this age should be any different?

adam hanauer said...

i have to give jody some props for the plug of crossroads. well done jody!