Sunday, March 2, 2008

evidence of god

evidence of god is everywhere. he makes himself known in a million different ways, and yet so often we(i) don't see him. but let me tell you a simple way god evidences himself, and why i believe in the god of the bible - one word - love.

when i met my wife, and began to experience love - true love - for another person, it was amazing. i never thought i was capable of loving someone so much. i actually did and do love her more than myself. then we have our first child. holy crap - what an overwhelmingly AMAZING experience that was. love in a whole new dimension! but amazingly my love for my wife only grew stronger. here i was loving another person more than the deepest ocean, and my love for emily was continuing to grow even deeper than that deepest ocean. then bring on baby j! love me some baby j! and again more than any words i could ever type. and yet, my love for emily and kylie continues to grow beyond my wildest imagination. and now we have the wonderful news of a third child. it never gets old and i am learning my capacity to love will never stop. even now i can't properly explain it. what is this thing we call love?

now - the god of the bible describes himself as love. wow! he is all these things that i have experienced, but he is perfect! i have only experienced love in my fallen imperfect state and yet god....god is true love in every sense of the word.

so when i look at my beautful wife and kids - i see god. i see a creator which allows us to experience himself in our relationships on this earth. simply amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks,
scott